I stole this idea of the internet and thought I’d share it with you. Basically, pick an artist and make the best playlist you can by having a maximum of one song from each studio album and having each song in the same position in the running order as it is on the album. You don’t have to choose from all the albums if you don’t want to or if you can’t. So with that in mind, here’s my Thin Lizzy ‘album’.
1. Jailbreak from Jailbreak. It was between this, She Knows, Soldier of Fortune and Rosalie for best opener and Jailbreak busted out!
2. Bad Reputation from Bad Repuation. Quite frankly, this is my ultimate Thin Lizzy album and I could have chosen any of the tracks from it.
3. Borderline from Johnny The Fox I love Phil when he’s in his lovelorn state. It was between this and The Sun Goes Down and as great as that song is, Borderline is better.
4. The Rocker from Vagabonds of the Western World. Something from the third album and the only one to feature Eric Bell.
5. Fighting from Fighting. There are some great Lizzy songs as the fifth track: Warriors, Dancing In The Moonlight, Cold Sweat, but this title track fought (ha!) its way onto the list.
6. Showdown from Nightlife. Between this slow, funky jam and Got To Give It Up for this spot. Showdown is a great song with a nice hint of menace.
7. Genocide (The Killing of a Buffalo) from Chinatown. One of the bright spots on a fairly poor Lizzy album.
8. Bad Habits from Thunder And Lightning. I do like me some lecherous Phil occasionally and this one rocks too.
9. Róisín Dubh (Black Rose): A Rock Legend from the album Black Rose: A Rock Legend. Beating out classics such as Emerald and Dear Lord, I can’t think of a better way to close any album than with this 7+ minute rocker. The song’s middle section will have you air-guitaring like a loon!
Not too shabby a playlist; I didn’t pick anything from their first two albums nor Renegade as I’m not that big of a fan of those ones. So, that’s my list, I’d love to know yours.